Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Wargamer's Ring - The Wargamer's Ring links wargaming webpages together into a community. Presently the ring has hundreds of member sites

Forums     Login   Signup

Wargamer's Ring

Subrings: Wargamer's Battles  
Manager: warzonegts
The Wargamer's Ring links wargaming webpages together into a community. Presently the ring has hundreds of member sites and is the largest and most popular wargaming ring on WebRing. The member pages include sites on boardgames, computer games, miniatures games, and even military history. The webring makes it easier for wargaming enthusiasts to find pages on the web that interest them.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The Mahdi! - 10/14/2012
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hiHS0QmVmbQ/UHqx9bKmBsI/AAAAAAAAI18/W3Gue4vWGxY/s400/mahdi_1.jpg

Many of my figures sit around for years before they are finished and these are is no exception.  It's over six years since I started the Mahdi as the first figures in my Sudan collection.  I was getting on quite well until, having painted his camel in a nice biscuit colour, I discovered that he rode a white Bisharin camel.  I couldn't face repainting it and finishing the other figures so I just shelved it, as the Mahdi wasn't present at the first two battles I was painting figures for (2nd El Teb and Tamai). Today, however, I had a bit of spare time but not enough to do anything on the Prussians so I thought I'd finish off the Mahdi and his two supporters.  In the interim he had suffered quite a lot of knocks (being unvarnished) so I had to do quite a lot of repair work over and above repainting the camel and finishing his supporters.  Anyway, here he is and these are the only multi-based figures (other than a ...

The Mahdi!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy