Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

General question... - 04/14/2005
How many rings are we able to join? Does anyone know? I've been wanting to join many but don't want to be stained simply because I submit my applications to different rings. One ring owner sent me a nasty message saying that I was spamming because I was joining his many rings...I thought the point of webring was to get our sites out there...to share sites and to become as visibly known as possible. Please help. Thanks

Replied - 04/14/2005
Joining tons of webrings is pointless and a waste of time. The idea of a webring is that you give traffic and recieve traffic.
One or perhaps two memberships is adequate for most members. More than that then the ringmaster is being quite reasonable in declining your application.

Replied - 04/14/2005
You can join as many as you wish, but I think you will find the problem here is that you keep applying for the same rings over and over and over again. It does get a little annoying when applications arrive every day from the same ID for the same rings regardless of the previous rejections. Oh, and no I wasn't the one that sent the nasty message.

Replied - 04/15/2005
Yes, I do see the your point. The intention was not to keep applying to the same rings. That is my fault for not being organized. There, are however, some rings with the same exact names with different masters. THat causes some confusion on my part. I will try to do a better job at keeping track of which rings I have joined. Thanks for your time.

Replied - 04/15/2005
Yes, I do see the your point. The intention was not to keep applying to the same rings. That is my fault for not being organized. There, are however, some rings with the same exact names with different masters. THat causes some confusion on my part. I will try to do a better job at keeping track of which rings I have joined. Thanks for your time.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy