Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Re http://g.webring.com/forum?forum=webring;did=1384#h - 06/14/2005
"I have refused these sites membership of a number of rings. It is more the fault of WebRing for allowing these spam memberships to exist."

And how do you propose webring stops these spam memberships?

As stated by the previous poster they are using multiple ID's and multiple pages, So your proposal is?

And its not much use suguesting the old IP blocking, as most people know a lot of spammer types use proxies.

~CE~

Replied - 06/27/2005
I'm new..a disabled but very gifted songwriter..trying to do composing, demos,vocals...as a source of income..I have a music site..not a perosnal one yet..but I kept getting allm these spam emails..and yahoo wouldn't opne them saying they had a virus..Well, one got thru..and I joined..now I'm afraid this is not for real, as I have replied to all the emails they sent me..and get no answer..also..the link in my welcome letter..aol says it is not opned for my own safety..just want to legitimately write , bless oyhers, and get medical I need. Also have 3 cds out..but is this site real and legit? if not, how do I unjoin? help!demos4songs my human interest stories and music will be featured nationally soon...Hope these people will stop sending me emails with viruses..and some sort of zip files..none of which can be opened...thanks

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy