Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A comment about webring - 09/18/2004
I have been trying to have this membership deleted for a few weeks. I have some invalid forum memberships that will not delete. There is a post at the Tech/Help forum with instructions concerning this very topic and one must be able to post to the tech/help forum in order to accomplish this.

In the matter of removing a membership, this is a silly and unproductve method. It can take more than one month to join the forum and not all are approved. That is one way to NOT help people. Most people will just let the membership go and not tell them, thus taking up space and resources better spent elsewhere.

I have written help/support thrice about this and received one reply from the first attempt. The third attempt was today. (I have two accounts to be removed and only one reply was received.) In that reply the techie wrote that I didn't need to post to tech/help to remove invalid memberships. So at least one person at webring doesn't know all the aspects and doesn't take the time to research that which they do not know.

I have been trying to do the right thing, but with no help from those whose responsibility it is to help me. SO now I do like others; I will let this go and the system can have two more useless IDs floating around.

The email is bogus so do not reply through email.

cybergrrl

Replied - 09/19/2004
The same is true for this membership also. All previous comments apply. The only thing that is weird is that I got an email verification for cybergrrl this morning at the old address not the bogus address, yet when I tried to log in, I could not.

a_matter_of_heart

Replied - 12/14/2005
Yes, I am once again replying to an very old message (2004) to illustrate and inherent problem with Yahoowebring.com (still run by yahoo is my understanding.)

I have some forum memberships that are invalid. Leaving a forum is problematic with WebRing.com. IT isn't easy to do. Some are in rings by another person, where the forum has been disabled. Others are in rings that have been deleted. And a few are in still active rings with active forums. But the membership won't delete. There is nothing a manager can do.

I'm just commenting (and fussing) about an ongoing problem. Please don't start a war over this.

I hope it gets resolved without me having to contact a non-existant manager, or receiving an automated reply because someone didn't read the email.

WEbRing has some really nifty ideas to help us manage rings, but managing us with style and tolerance has never been a priority. There is also too much competition and personalities (with jealousy) for this to run smoothly. I just want an answer to my questions without being treated like an idiot.

Anne

Replied - 12/17/2005
The non existent forum memberships have been purged from your account.

WebRing

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy