Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fee's - 09/29/2006
After all these years of babysitting that which no-one else could want, no-one else could even be bothered with, while other webdesigners found more lucrative ways to drive traffic to their sites, while they profited even - and WebRing does this to me? Managing a WebRing is not a privilege - it's a chore - it's labour - and up until now, for me, it was a labour of love.

Now that all is about to be lost, where's my five bucks worth? You know the donation I gave to you that I could have a profile? The one that did away with the ads? Surely anyone who made that donation should be made exempt from such fee's and charges's? Or are you going to rip me off there too WebRing?

Is this your way of thanking me, WebRing, for all the work I've done for you? 5 memberships and 2 rings??? And what happens to the rest? Do the rings I will ultimately be forced to surrender become orphans - along with all the other thousands of Rings that no-one is going to want anymore?

Do you think you are as big as Google WebRing? Arrogant enough to try and get away with your own version of a Florida Update? These are people you are dealing with, WebRing. You owe us long-termers a great deal WebRing - not the other way around.

My time with WebRing is over. I can't maintain my current standards if I don't know what is going to happen to the work I've done for you.

I can't do this anymore. I give up. And don't try and tell me to wait - I don't have a credit card and I certainly am NOT going to pay you to work for you.

David

Replied - 09/29/2006
I have deleted 5 of my 10 rings that I managed. The other five I put up for adoption which I doubt anyone would go and adopt with this pitiful free amount of rings you can manage. Two rings to manage on the free side? To be able to have more you must pay up for it. I think Webring forgot that most of the ringmasters and ringmistresses are young teenagers in the ages around 14 to 19. They don't have credit cards to flash to get to be able to have more rings to manage. Even some adults cannot get credit cards because they live off of one paycheck to the next. I happen to be one and to tell you the truth, I am one paycheck away from the poor house. No thanks Webring, I will not go into the poor house for you, I delete all but two of my rings that I manage.

Replied - 09/30/2006
That's what I did with my rings. I deleted all but two. But I didn't give any up to be adopted out, I deleted them outright. They were my babies that I tended to till last night. I also removed myself from almost all of the rings but a few. I picked the free premium because I don't have a CC to pay them with. I have no credit cards nor do I have credit to get a credit card. I pay cash for most of my things and I live off paycheck to paycheck. I am also one paycheck away from the poorhouse.

Replied - 09/30/2006
Not that I disagree with your response to this crap, but I hope you notified your members that the webrings were going to be deleted? I'm now in 'limbo' as a member of several sites that were deleted without any notice. I'm now trying to find out from Webring how I get rid of those navbars. :_

Another note was on the manager's forum saying that if you delete your sites, they actually remain with Webring and can be adopted out again later, without any notice to you (that message was from member James L. Huggins, who also manages hundreds of rings, and has been with webring for years).

Ms_C

Replied - 09/30/2006
I informed my members that I would be deleting rings so they would not be freaked out by the sudden removal of the ring itself. I believe once the ring is deleted it will remain up for 24 hours and then be totally removed from webring's servers, no way for it to be adopted out without you previously doing that.

Replied - 09/30/2006
With respect, I believe you're mistaken. I know of at least one ring that was resurrected later than this, albeit not much later.

While the button for doing so exists, it should be seen of as mainly being a boobytrap for disgruntled ringmasters. Strictly speaking, a ring with active members can not be deleted. All hitting the "delete" button does is take the ring out from your control, and remove your site from it. If somebody whose site was still on the ring when you hit the delete button objects, support can bring the ring back.

I don't know exactly how long they have to do so, but I'm fairly certain that it is more than a day.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy