Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

It seemed like a good idea at the time.... - 10/02/2006
I very much doubt WebRing sees any problem at all. It is likely they are assuming that with any change, there will be people who are unhappy about it. Anyone who has gone through this much effort and time to redesign the entire WebRing system will almost certainly be unable to see any problem with their ideas. You can be sure they look at the people complaining as "the problem".

I learned one important thing in all of this...its not bad to delete a ring. Let WebRing go through the joy of resurrecting it. I've managed many webrings for years (under different ID's) Constantly reviewing new applicants, soliciting new members, redesigning ring graphics, etc... Why the heck should I spend all this time managing these rings for free, if they don't want me to??? It was a nice hobby that took up a lot of time. WebRing has this utopian vision of hundreds of thousands of eager new WebRing managers who will jump at the chance to take over these rings. I hope they are right, they sure think they are.

Once you realize that you can not live long enough to manage these rings forever, its actually kind of a relief to allow someone else to take credit for their demise.

This is the direction the train is going. You can get onboard. You can stand in front of it. Or you can do what I'm doing, which is to give a friendly "wave" to the engineer as the train heads towards the washed out bridge.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

lostplanet

Replied - 10/02/2006
Lostplanet, I agree, this paid membership sounded like a good idea but if I was the owner of Webring which I am not, I would see all the people who have posted their complaints and their discussion about the new policy. I would come here and let them know that they were grandfathered in as permnment residents not required to pay the amount and if they were sent a bill, let us know and we will fix it. That the new policy was meant for the new members who joined Webring after Jan 15, 2007 or 10/15/06. And try to reassure the members that they were not targeted for this change.

But have we heard from the folks at the top once during our complaints about this new policy? Nope. Do we expect them to come here and post about our complaints? We hope they hear about it but them showing up here and answering our complaints, nope.

Will we remain loyal to Webring? Maybe and maybe not. There is more net rings out there then just Webring. Not as huge or fancy as Webring but at least they allow you to have as many rings as you want and you can be in as many as you want without paying a fee.

Tari

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy