Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

pardon me if I'm lost, but where is the problem with the changes - 10/04/2006
Iím not meaning to make this message seem all to, well gloating or even 100% for webring. In any case, Iíve had my own issues with the system here and there (like why canít I post in the ring managerís forum and why is my request still pending after how long?)Ö.

But like many of you, I didnít join this webring to make money from the system or from those who decide to pay both webring and me indirectly to have their sites featured in my rings. I never even signed up to make money from the numerous new users who join my webrings, but it happened as WR changed to meet the new demands and it turned out to be a bonus I think. I never read these forums back when those changes started happening, but I doubt many of the users were going, ďoh no! im leaving webring because they want to give me money!!!Ē

To date, Iíve received only 64.97 cents in credit; all of it has been going back into promoting these rings and these sites to other users, even if I still have some remaining credit left to still spend (which will be back to promoting webrings and sites). I am also, like many of you, already putting out money for hosting of my own sites and to continue to promote the sites in the rings, even if itís of no benefit to me. Iím not making money on these sites either.

But what I donít understand is why it is such a hard ship to pay a little towards what we are all using or have been using? When they use to display how much each ring was using in costs from running to bandwidth, it was like. Wow. Even with what Iíll be paying for the premium 2 level, that is going to be a lot cheaper than if I were to be paying for each webring.

So really, what is the harm in trying the new system to see if it might actually work to pay for itself through better management on our end? We attract more visitors than one every month or so, to our rings, we get a pay off that can pay for our membership and the promoting of our rings and those sites in our rings?

It seems kinda silly to jump the gun right now, when we really arenít paying for anything and havenít had a true chance to try it all out.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy