Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Rings memberships dropping like flies. - 10/03/2006
One of my rings had over 75 members yesterday and now suddenly it has only 71. I don't know about your rings, guys, but even a drop of four ring members is shocking for me. Usually I would have at least one new site once a month but have four members drop out of my site in one day shocks me.

I believe people are using their fingers and deleting their accounts with the rings that they are members of instead of coming here and voicing their concerns. They are leaving WebRing and the hits that came through them.

How many members have you lost from your two free to manage rings? One of my other rings membership dropped from 56 to 49 members.

Replied - 10/03/2006
= = = = = =
One of my rings had over 75 members yesterday and now suddenly it has only 71. I don't know about your rings, guys, but even a drop of four ring members is shocking for me. Usually I would have at least one new site once a month but have four members drop out of my site in one day shocks me.

I believe people are using their fingers and deleting their accounts with the rings that they are members of instead of coming here and voicing their concerns. They are leaving WebRing and the hits that came through them.

How many members have you lost from your two free to manage rings? One of my other rings membership dropped from 56 to 49 members.
= = = = = = = = = =

How many current members are there?

What is the average number of memberships of current members?

How many of those current members belong to less than 5 webrings? More than 5? More than 10? More than 20?

How many current members don't have a clue about any of this and will simply find their memberships "less" when "drop day" comes?

James S. Huggins
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 10/03/2006
I wonder if this is webring's intention? Make us pay so we flee and the system is rid of excess sites and rings. Webring gets rid of it's detractors, then it starts up again free.

Just being my normal paranoid self.

Anne

Replied - 10/03/2006
Anne, WebRing didn't need to devise a cunning plan to silence its detractors. The system was already in a position where ringmasters were totally afraid to speak out. Rude and unprofessional managers plainly enjoyed dishing out insults and snide comments to people who were too scared to answer back. Ringmasters who failed to dance to their tune were ejected and we all minded our own business because we didn't want to be their next victim.

Yahoo committed the 'crime' of making it possible for anybody who possessed a reasonable level of intelligence to create and manage a webring. A handful of snobs took it upon themselves to sabotage the system by overloading its resources and pretending that they were acting against unreasonable interference with the rights of ringmasters.

As a result, Yahoo turned the WebRing over to a gang of anal retentives who were never going to be happy until they were able to micro-manage every aspect of our activities here. The people who gave them the keys to the front door were strangely quiet as these genuine tyrants squeezed the joy out of running rings and turned the community into a dictatorship.

Some of the people who so enthusiastically undermined Yahoo's attempts to widen the system and make it genuinely democratic were content to collect vast ring collections and loyally suck up to the new System Lords. I think we all know who they are; we can also recall the names of those who 'graciously agreed' to start the process of shedding rings months ago. WebRing seems to have cut a deal with a favored few. The rest of us have been sold down the river.

Replied - 10/04/2006
I hope Webring falls and begs all of the old RingMasters to return. Better, I hope they realize their mistake before January as their membership falls to all-time lows and they don't have enough rings to call a community.

The best rings are managed by Ring Masters with dozens to maintain, and the most loyal members who manage the rings that support this community are the ones being punished the most.

I wonder how many people have bought into this new "Premium" level of membership and given up over half of their rings.

Replied - 10/04/2006
Iíve selected the new premium level 2 and got rid of a few of my webrings which really were not serving any purpose. Iím still over the limit for it, but as far as I can tell, that wonít count against me for the first year. ^_^

Before you rant, you may want to check out the information about these new changes on the related pages. At least try to base rants on accurate information, no offense.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy