Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

If Webring had done an open poll . . . - 10/07/2006
about this new change of policy and alerted everyone of the poll, I would bet that people would have voted 'No' on it.

Yeah, it was a good idea but how much they offered to give us in return was rather pitiful.

Now if they had given us 10 free to manage and 15 to be in, it wouldn't be too bad. As I had downed my 42 rings down to 20 before I widdled them down to the alloted 2. I knew I could keep at least 10 good rings but not without paying more money, which I couldn't afford.

Tari

Replied - 10/07/2006
I narrowed by 48 webrings down to 35 (aside from the new one I made today!), not from a reluctance to pay for them, but simply because they really served no purpose. The rest of my rings, though they are not big hitters on use or even activity, they have at least enough to give me an average number of use above a zero. The others though, I’ve advertised and hopefully offer something people like/want, get enough members every other week, if not week, that will pay for the management of the webrings.

I think the real key here to the limit of 2 webrings and 5 memberships, really is to get activity clustered in larger webrings rather than a bunch of smaller/tiny/used webrings. The more people joining a webring, the more credits they can earn, which would thus, then pay for the membership fees.

The new program isn’t designed that you have to pay upfront for it, but it’s a pay as you go, calculated daily. And you can earn credits weekly.

In the last 14 weeks, I earned “10.35”. So that’s an average of about 70 cents a week and if that trend continues, it’s enough to deflect the new premium membership fee. I’ve earned everything from 15 cents for “1_sites_in_1_rings” to $1.60 for “4_sites_in_2_rings”.

The new system will just really make us all a little more competitive and aggressive to get new members and keep them! Not to mention, this new system also gives us a new avenue to try that may also give us some more credits to pay for our memberships and advertise our rings/sites.

~ eNiasni

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy