Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Just an observation here - 10/21/2006
I get curious once in awhile and look at things that I don't normally care a whole lot about. This happened just now again.

Take a look at this forum's Ring Info page - then expand it to about August 1 through today. You'll notice that the average number of hits to this site was in the 30-60 per day range. Then came the notices about all the changes and the hits went through the roof - several days over 1400 and one day very recently that was over 2000. Now it's dropping off again, around 300 or so with spikes into the 500s and 600s but still dropping as a rule.

I don't know quite what this means, other than the fact that a lot of people DO (or maybe more accurately DID) care about what's going on around here after all.

It also seems to me that the original WebRing ring once had an awful lot more members than it does now - 621 as I write this. One other note about the original WebRing; it has a uniqueness rating of 30. Does that mean that when the "non-unique" rings go the way of the dodo this one will too?

Just wondering.

Dave

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy