Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

How do i start my own ring??? - 08/26/2007
I have scaned/searched the site for hours and I have more questions then before I started. I have added the code to 3 of my sites that get over 1000 visitors weekly. I have added the urls to my account. I want to start my "own" ring not just put 4 links to this site on each of my pages.

I read somewhere that I must have 3 members before I can start my own ring? If thats correct then would you please tell me how they are going to join my ring if it does not exist at this point????

or perhaps i read it to say that I must join 3 rings before I cant "create" my own ring??? Again, I'm not to found of joining "Bobs stamp collecting ring" Just want my own. I don't think that is to much to ask from a site that claims you can create a ring for free.......

The java added to my site merely try's to get them (my traffic) to join a ring. I don't really want the traffic I'm sending to this site to join a "needle point" webring. I would prefer them to join mine which at this point doesn't exist....

You would think this would be explained at sign up????? I must have missed it....

Please someone point me to some "clear" documentation on the subject. If you make users jump through to many hoops they will just move on to the next webring site. IMHO

You attempt to go to the forum and search and somehow you wind up on "jenny's Christian music webring forum". As a multiple site owner for over 10 years I find this site VERY hard to navigate. IMHO

Not even sure if I will be able to find this post again.....

Thanks for any help you may provide.

Replied - 08/26/2007
You might find some help here on my site. It is old and I apologize for that.

Go here
http://JSH.us/h/rng1/webring-dot-com-system.htm

Or, feel free to contact me directly.

James S. Huggins
http://JSH.us/webring-email

Replied - 08/26/2007
Email fails....

This was it....

James,

Nice site, very informative. However I didn't seem to find anything on the new guide lines for creating your own ring.

Could you please explain it to me.

I have added the code to 3 of my sites....
I have added the 3 urls to my webring account....

Now what?

Something about needing members to join????? or I need to join 3 rings????

Not sure I followed that part on the webring.com site.

Please explain what I need to do to create my own ring...

Thanks!
John

Replied - 08/27/2007
First, thank you for letting me know about the email problem. I appreciate that. I had posted the email address wrong on the page. I have fixed it.

In general, after you create your membership, you need to join several webrings (3?). And then you can create a webring. Once you create it, you need to have some minimum number of members (3?) in order to be listed in the directory.

As far as I know, there is no page on the system that really lays out, in a step-by-step, recipe-like format, how to do all this.

Good luck.

Feel free to email me again at my CORRECT address. Should work better this time.

James S. Huggins
http://JSH.us/webring-email

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy