Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Site still pending after 21 days - 09/29/2007
I was originally denied membership of my chosen ring as the Ring Manager, though happy with the site, did not like the page I had placed the code on (I followed the instruction to put it on the most informative page of my site, which is not the home page). I moved the code to the home page to comply with the Ring Manager's wishes but my site has remained 'pending' ever since. I've tried to contact the Ring Manager and used the 'unresponsive ring manager' link to contact support but am getting no response from anyone. Can anyone suggest how I can resolve this? Should I just delete my site from that ring and find another one to apply to?
Thanks

Replied - 09/29/2007
I don't know that I'd delete the pending submission, but I'd certainly look for other suitable rings, and probably place the code on the most suitable page again. Other managers might not be as thick.

Replied - 09/30/2007
- I followed the instruction to put it on the most informative
- page of my site, which is not the home page). I moved the code
- to the home page to comply with the Ring Manager's wishes...

Are you sure that you have got the URL right?
The Ringmaster _should_ be aware that the Navcode would not appear on the "landing page" if you have frames (!) and the home page would not be suitable if you have!

_Our_ ring functions, provided you have the navpanel on any page - provided the page is the "landing page," hasn't got frames, and providing the page is exhibited on the "address" of the browser... and it isn't in all cases!

David

Replied - 09/30/2007
Yes the URL is right. My 'home' page is just a 'click the logo to enter site' page (but without frames - I don't use them anywhere on the site) so I originally put the code on the page that explains what the different sections of the site do - which has links both to the home page and to all the sections.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy