Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ring Checker Problems - 10/30/2007
i have been installing navigation fragments (snubbies) for about 10 years. Never had a problem when Sean McCullough was running Webring, but lately, i can install the snubbie on a website, join the rings, get them all activated and running, and then a few weeks later, i start getting mail bombed by webring, saying that my site is failing to pass the ring checker, and the webrings get suspended.. and i have done NOTHING to change the code on the website from when it was originally installed and worked fine!!! i have received as many as 50 emails from webring in one day, which renders my email box inoperable because it's FULL of these suspension notices!... I have tried forwarding all these notices directly to Tim Killeen, but unlike Sean, Mr. Killeen only talks to you if he wants money from you..

does anybody have any ideas about how i can prevent these suspension notices from ruining my business?

if i open the web ring accounts and retest the ring fragments, they all pass again, even though i made NO changes to the hosting websites!!!!!!!!!

J. Handel

Replied - 10/31/2007
Sean was never directly associated with WebRing. He did design the winning logo in a contest a few years back....

Sporadic ring checker issues are being worked on. the problem is, they are just that. Out of 700k memberships only a handful at a time exhibit the problem. And it can never be replicated. Which has us thinking that it may be some sort of transient internet issue. But have not been able to clearly identify that either.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy