Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 7 of 7
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Nav Code - 11/03/2007
I have joined 5 rings and they all list as passed, but now when I try to join an additional ring I get the following error message: I have a site with FAILing navigation code.

Any suggestion on how to correct this error?

Thanks!!

Replied - 11/03/2007
Unless it really is failing for some reason, you can just ignore it for a few hours or a day and it will correct itself. It's a glitch most of the time.

Replied - 11/03/2007
P.S.
You can always try to contact the manager of that ring if you're in a hurry. Though, the problem will most likely be gone before you get an answer.

Replied - 11/04/2007
Not sure if you worked around that initial issue or not...You now have six memberships and 5 pass, 1 fails. You have chosen to install the pure HTML navigation code, which is OK but a bit more of a hassle. There is six copies of navigation code on the page, 5 correct and 1 for a ring other than the one you applied to. That would appear to be the current problem.

Other than that....all looks good

Replied - 11/05/2007
Thanks for the info.

Replied - 11/05/2007
Thanks... how can I fix the problem?

Replied - 11/06/2007
Oh, sorry. Look at your website and see which rings you have navigation code for, and compare to the list of rings you've joined. There is (or was the other day when it was checked) a set of code for a ring you're not in, and a set missing for one you are in. You can remove the one (or join that ring if it's on topic) and add the code for the other as you did the first 5 or so.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy