Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

traffic to my website - 04/10/2008
I joined Web-Ring to get traffic to my website www.imarkethouse.com, but I have yet to seem it I think there is something I'm not doing, I placed the navigation bar on my website but still no traffic flow, how am I suppose to promote my website with Web-Ring?

Replied - 04/10/2008
You will only get traffic to your page if it is something people are looking for. Does it have keywords? Are you doing any advertising? Posting on forums related to your page? Traffic takes work. Nothing will get you traffic for free.

What is the WebRing you joined like? Is it interesting? Compelling? Do you find yourself surfing it just to learn something new and different because it is a ring with interesting quality sites? If the ring isn't interesting and compelling by itself, it isn't going to add traffic to your page under any circumstances.

Also is the Ring Master actively promoting the ring the same one would promote a website? Advertising it in relevant places? If the Ring Master isn't promoting the ring, and the ring isn't interesting in and of itself, its not going to generate any traffic to anyone.

Replied - 04/11/2008
Have you actually joined and been accepted in to any webrings? I took a look at your site and you have and "Alert Box" showing rather than working code.

This user name doesn't showing any memberships at all.

Replied - 04/19/2008
Unfortunately, marketing online isn't like building a baseball field in an Iowa cornfield -- "Build it and they will come" just doesn't work. I've checked out your site. I think you might have skipped over a few key areas of knowledge needed to make money in a business -- find out if your product or service is marketable, find out how to market it, find out who your competition is, since apparently, you want to work a business online, learn how to make a website that people want to go to making it SEO, and THEN, learn how to market it.

Personally, I think you're selling too many diverse products on your site. If I'm buying from a company online, I'm buying from a company that knows it's field. Unfortunately, your site looks like a jack of all trades, and master of none.

Then again, this is a good forum, if you're having trouble getting your code on your site correctly, but it's definitely NOT the place to go to to find out how to get "targeted" visitors. I'm sure when you get that far, you will find the right sites, and more importantly, the right books on how to get a good business going that will net you real money.

Once your up and running, Web Ring is just another place to get some targeted visitors. Good luck.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy