Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Difficulty Using This Site. - 12/01/2008
In 27 years of computing this is the most difficult site I have ever encountered.

I am new to the ring hub and at the moment on my account page I have one Sub Title showing active pass and two others showing fail. Whilst navigating on my web site, pressing the next button on the Ring Hub sends me to my account page whilst I would expect it to direct me to the next web site on the Ring Hub. Is this correct or am I jumping in to early?

Regards,
Ivor

Replied - 12/01/2008
We appreciate your feedback. Many people comment that it is difficult until they get used to it. That is, perhaps, because there is more to it than just "signing up". The service is geared to be human indexed and managed. As a result, just applying to a ring does not make you part of the ring. But in order to be an active part the navigation code mus be present; however, it cannot, by deefinition, work properly until you are made active (i.e., if you are not IN the ring there is no next). Sort of a chicken/egg situation that is most difficult to follow for new users. We are constantly seeking input on how to better present this concept to new users. Any thoughts?

Replied - 12/02/2008
OK, So I take it I'm not yet in the ring and that the code that is now on my site is sat there just to confuse my visitors.
The next question is obvious. How do I get in the ring? Is there something I should do or am I just waiting in line for the ring managment to work their magic.

Cheers,
Ivor

Replied - 12/02/2008
The owner of the ring has to approve your site.

Replied - 12/03/2008
Hi,

What is really required is a well explained fact page that details the process that takes place once the sign up is complete. This should be placed before just before the sign up page so that it cannot be missed. i.e. READ THIS FIRST. At the moment one is left in total oblivion with a complicated site that at best seems alien to most people, lots of information on it but none of it relevant to their immediate needs. Being technically clever does not mean that you can impart the required information to your customers. Please remember most people just require a simple explanation to their questions. Such as when the code likely to work properly.
At the moment I have two rings with PASS and one with PENDING but the code still does not work right even on those rings that have a PASS status.

I have been very tempted just to take the code off my site and forget it, as I am sure many people have done in the past.

Regards,
Ivor

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy