Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

ABOUT WEBRINGS PAGES - 02/23/2010
I just joined WebRing and already have my first problem. My thought when I joined was that I would setup a tab on my blog for my webrings and show each ring. But I found that several rings I would like to join have a message similar to this:

"...If, on the other hand, you're crazy about your WebRings page, by all means keep it, but you may not have it as the registered page and the code must be on the registered page."

I believe this means that for webrings with this message I can't do as I planned. I'm I right about that?

Here's a link to the webring tab I'm hoping to start.
http://discovering-secular-humanism.blogspot.com/p/webrings.html

So what's wrong with have a dedicated webring page? Seems like it would be better than having it at the very bottom of the page.

Thanks

Replied - 02/23/2010
This is an ongoing question. The problem with links pages is that search engines HATE THEM. As a result, the rings you join suffer when you use a links page as your link.

Further, why would you want a new visitor to land on a links page, which basically invites them to leave? We believe you want them to land exactly where they want to be: where the content is. A link back to webring at the bottom of that page is fine.

There is nothing wrong with a links page, per se. But it needs to be viewed in the proper context: A place for people to visit once they have seen your site and perhaps want to dig some more. So placing a COPY of the webring code there is a good idea. it helps build out the links page. But for normal back and forth navigation we feel that you want to bring people to the main content, and when done let them move on from that same area. By and large, people either stick and read or move on quickly. Introducing a links page anywhere in the process other than by direct choice, just encourages the move on quickly.

Replied - 02/24/2010
I didn't realize you could make a copy of it. I will give that a try. Thanks.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy