Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Navigation code appears to be out of order - 10/07/2010
Hi,

Following an major upgrade on my site, and following the inclusion on the homepage of the navigation codes for a web ring stack, everything seemed to work fine. However, one ring kept failing. I added another bloc to my site in which I included the script with the proper webring navigation code for that specific ring. The reason being that the ssnb code was different than in the other stack. The ring is called "Figurine" and it seems that the ssbn given is wrong, for some reason. There is a default nav bar with a "ID/U# has no memberships? Click for assistance." link. When clicked, I end up on a page with the following info:

Thanks for clicking. The WebRing navigation code on the page you were visiting appears to be out of order. It is registered as follows:

WebRing User ID: lelancier
U#: 10104126
URL: http://www.lelancier.com/

Everything is perfect on your site. You're seeing the system's "default" navbar because you are not currently in any rings for this URL/U#. If you'd like to get into a ring just use the search box below, or click on the WebRing logo above to get to the main page and you can browse our directory for a ring that fits the content of your site. Joining should be easy now that you have working code on your page! Welcome to WebRing!

Everywhere I go, I get the same ssnb code, yet, although my sight passes the ssnb test, the ring does not appear in the navbar.

Thanks for the help.

Lancier

Replied - 10/07/2010
This *really* belongs in the help support forum as this is for general discussion not support. But...

If you go to your URLs tab in your My Account page you will "see" that you have two different U# for the same URL. This probably resulted from a slight variation in the URL when you registered the one that is out of sync with the rest (most likely you entered the URL rather than selecting from the drop down).

1. use the join link to join them
2. see which U# is the one that remains and make sure your code refelcts that on your page
3. be sure toe "rebuild" the navbar stack after joining them (go to the get ssnb code page and follow the link to rebuild the navbar "stack").

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy