Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 9 - 10 of 10
< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Suspending One-Way Sites - 07/03/2004
njjimf: "If you send an email explaining what WebRing is about, I have found the majority will change their sites to provide adequate link-backs"

I noticed similar, a lot of new-people just dont know what there suposed to do. I refer a lot of new-aplicants who have no/verry few other memberships to the "Users Guide" as i found andrea explains things a lot better than i ever could, Which goes with a lot of them not knowing what they should be doing.

Thats where any good rm comes in, if they care about the sites joining and helping new- users to understand what a webring even is, they will either tell them, or refer them to where they can get more info, but sadly a lot of rm's dont seem to even care.

That what i liked when the new site creds was started, hopefully it is an incentive for some of the less enthusiastic rm's to actualy help new-applicants to know what to do and how to do it, not just delete or leave them pending.

CE

Replied - 07/03/2004
: "Very well said. In the past I had requested the ability to create additional customized emails, because it would be nice not to "cut and paste" the standard email I send to people who apply with "one-way" sites"

Curently i have a lot of custom emails i cut-n-paste as there are so many different reasons for denying people, my standard custom emails are the same for all rings, but depending on the site and the problem i do cut-n-paste alternate, sometimes even create new ones, so that the person knows exactly why they were denied/put on hold/suspended/etc...

The main one i would like to see is an addition to the global ring mail bit for the HOLD email, as it would alow to create a base email for HODL as well...

CE

< Prev 8   All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy