Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 5 of 5
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Fake Nav Bar??? - 07/15/2004
Ever wondered why when you arrive on a particular ring it ISN'T the one that actually shows as the one you came in on (when single bars are shown)?

Hmmm, could it be that some people totally rewrite the code to make one bar and one bar only appear ALL the time?

Check out this page, right click and view source code.

http://www.firstbrood.com/web_rings.htm

Replied - 07/15/2004
Yes, he's got an html navbar, dressed it up as SSNB - but all the others will be showing as PASS-L; if those ring managers accept PASS-L, they've no quarrel with him.

My rings don't, so if he were a member of one of my rings, I'd have suspended him by now!

Replied - 07/22/2004
+++++
Yes, he's got an html navbar, dressed it up as SSNB - but all the others will be showing as PASS-L; if those ring managers accept PASS-L, they've no quarrel with him.

My rings don't, so if he were a member of one of my rings, I'd have suspended him by now!
+++++

Wrong. I have been unable to even look at his other memberships. If you click on the link that is supposed to take you to his listing, it downloads a javascript from a site with this address.
http://209.132.97.220/

If you just go to that site, it refreshes and send you to the Webring homepage. I can't see if he is actually a member of any other rings in either IE or Firefox. And if he is, it doesn't matter, since if you can't reach it, you can't surf it.

Tom B.

Replied - 07/22/2004
And after some looking I found another ring he belongs to, by searching for memberships for that site. He is a member of this ring, http://m.webring.com/hub?ring=vampfict, and if you click on his listing on the ring hub, it still shows the navbar for the Dark Gods Circle of Vampires Webring. It looks like he has been suspended on several of the rings he is a member of, but not all of them. And when you reach his site following the rings he is active in, you are done.

It is interesting that he has site #1 in the ring that is the only one you can surf from his site. Although that ID is not the webring manager of that ring. And I know it is possible to have site #1 without actually starting a ring.

Tom B.

Replied - 07/26/2004
The page appears to have been "fixed" although in an exceedingly odd manner. Now there seems to be a dozen or so separate "stacks". It's pretty baffling sometimes what people will do.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy