Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Help - 09/08/2004
Hi Tory1. Go to WebRing Home http://dir.webring.com/rw , click on the "create" link in the center of the page. Scroll down and click the "Create a Ring" button. Fill in the information asked for: "Name your Ring" and "Describe your Ring" and click the "next" button. Select a category for your ring by clicking on the most appropriate link. Select a sub-category. Either choose this category by clicking the link below "Add my Ring to:", or continue to a more defined category. Once you have selected your category, fill in the required information: "Enter Your Site Address", "Title Your Site", and "Describe your web site". Click the "Next" button. Click the "Ring NavBar" link and copy the navigation code. Paste the code onto the page of the URL you submitted by opening the file manager in your website account, pasting it in and saving the page. Click the "My Rings" link at the upper right of the page (Must be signed in). Click the link of the ring you just created. You will see a list of management links: "Manage Members", " Process New Sites", " Email Ring Members", "Invite Others", "Global Settings", " Join Settings", " Customize Emails", " Edit Ring Logo", " Navigation Code", " Color Scheme", " Title Change", " Ring Order", " Ring Poll", " Featured Sites", " Ring Promotion", " Transfer Ownership", " Delete Ring". Go through each of these links and choose your settings. The "Invite Others" link is the one used to email potential members and invite them to join your ring. It is the other ring members that bring traffic to your site (and vise-versa). I hope this helps.
Tony

Replied - 09/08/2004
The prior post was great advice.

If you need to email someone for more info, feel free to email me.

James S. Huggins

to contact me: http://JSH.us/webringemail

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy