Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 6 of 6
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Just curious... - 09/14/2004
Just curious what others think of this set up. This site has about 5 different entry pages (entry2, entry3 etc.), one for each nav bar stack. I have never been happy about accepting a site like this and I'd like a few others to comment if you please. Because of the way the return links are placed would this be considered as one-way?

http://otherside.junik.lv/entry1.html

Replied - 09/14/2004
Due to the fact that i cant find a link back to ANY of the entry pages from any of the other pages of this site i would not be aproving it, I have a standard email for site like this, as If they dont link back to the webring pages to me they are one-way.

Im not certain of the terminology but i think this site is what defines "One-Way" in its fullest, i need to go look at that page in wrug again before i could say for 100%

CE

Replied - 09/15/2004
Thanks for looking and for your comments, at least I'm not too far off.

There are links back to all the entry pages, I didn't point out where as I wanted to see if anyone else actually found them.

I got a really sarcastic e-mail back from the site owner about the placement of the links. As far as he/she is concerned everyone is equiped with a back button on their browser, or better still I'm informed they can open in a new window. Like everyone knows the site owner can't be bothered providing a straight forward link back to the bars before they even enter the site :(

I think I have a pretty good idea what a one-way site is, this has got links back as I said BUT I really don't think most people would look where they are. So, to me, it's as good as a one-way site.

Replied - 09/15/2004
your welcome, The question now would be to if that their sending sarcastic emails then does one realy need them in a ring?

CE

Replied - 09/15/2004
Oh no, I don't want them in any of my rings. I really was curious if anyone else considered the site to be one-way or if they could find the links back to the nav bars (or if it was just me).

Replied - 09/15/2004
i wasnt meaning any attack, i was just stating the obvious question that i would think most would put to it if they received and email purely of sarcasm...

CE

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy