Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 8 of 8
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Failures on Yahoo Groups? Limit of Description - 10/04/2004
I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ran across this. Yahoo groups limit you to how many characters to put in the description of the group. The way around this is to create a file and use frames to reference that file. The problem is that unless Webring finds it on the main page it fails. It show up on the main page, it's just that the only way to get that to work is reference it through a frame. Needless to say my webring was suspended and I just removed the code.

Michael

Replied - 10/04/2004
Hi Michael,

i-frames won't PASS in webring - you might want to try placing the navcode before or after the i-frame.
I prefer to use the html navcode for y-groups (if it's not too long), as the ssnb code will not show the basic navigation links required to PASS.

Best regards, Frank

Replied - 10/05/2004
Fixed one problem but have another. lol Basically I moved all my description text to the file that the IFrame pointed to. That left enough room on the main description field. However I had to use the HTML code which works. The only problem is that it only shows one of my rings. Got any ideas?

It looks like the fact that the IFrame pushing the window down that the script stuff works, it just doesn't show up in the window. Hard to tell.

I never like doing something I know should work. I'll whack at it until I find a way.

Thanks
Michael

Replied - 10/05/2004
I'm puzzled!

on
http://www.geocities.com/PicketFence/Street/9131/advanced/iframe.html it says that there's a way to make Yahoo Groups PASS using iframes, but in the "UnderstandCheckerFailures" of the webring user guide it says that iframe sites aren't supported by the checker.

Maybe somebody can explain this contradiction?

Best regards, Frank

Replied - 10/08/2004
Here also:
http://dir.webring.com/help?nextpg=SiteMgmt2

It talks about working through iframes but as soon as I put any code in the iframe it doesn't pick it up.

Michael

Replied - 10/08/2004
Not sure where the problem would come from, I use an IFRAME on this group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Witchcraft-In-Australia/
And it passes in all rings its listed in.

So it cant just be the IFRAME or yahoo groups, have you tried adding the trailing "/" to your groups URL withing webring?

CE

Replied - 10/09/2004
Well, I toyed with it trying to figure out other problems and actually got it to work. Go figure. At least it's working for whatever reason.

Michael

Replied - 10/09/2004
glad to hear you go it working (-:

CE

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy