Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Stage - Welcome to the place where you can post for the world to share.    

Forums     Login   Signup

The Stage

Manager: webring
This is an open discussion forum for users to discuss WebRing features, wishes, thoughts, etc. QUESTIONS about and PROBLEMS with the System should be posted in detail using the support forums in Help. Negative, derogatory or personal comments will be deleted. Sadly, due to spamming and anonymous trashing of other users we have had to restrict posting to signed in members.

Sponsored Links

A few permanent posts to illustrate the feature
Re (3403): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Thanks. Knocking the cookie security down from medium to low in the interne

Re (3401): Nav bar NEXT goes to hub page.
  Two possible reasons: 1. you're site is not asctive in the ring currently

can't upload logos?
  Is there a problem with logo uploading? When is the best time to upload?
read...

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 4 of 4
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

New and confused - 09/30/2004
I'm new here, and new to webrings altogether, and am a little confused.

I have the code on my site, have been accepted by three webrings, and appear to be all set to go.

Here's my question: Now, what do I do? Do I just sit back and relax while new traffic comes in? Or do I need to participate in some sort of action? I've been looking at other sites in my webrings, which is enjoyable, but I don't quite understand what it means to be a member of a webring. Sorry if this is a basic, dumb question. Can someone inform?

Thanks so much
Elizabeth
http://lowcarbchick.blogspot.com/

Replied - 09/30/2004
ok, just droppin by to say hi. I am also a new member. I think. I dont think its dumb to ask such questions. I a little confused on which direction and steps to make it a success. So you post ill try and follow up with you. Perhaps you might be a novice while im still in my cocoon.

Replied - 10/02/2004
In a nutshell the ring drives traffic to your site, your site drives traffic to the ring and other sites.

What do you do now that your site has the code on it? Well, many members do nothing after that...and that's fine.

However, many of my members do things such as check the site on either side of them once a month, (every once in awhile someone changes their site content to something less than desired) Some members will send me an email of a site they think would fit the ring. If the rings you belong to don't already have active forums ask the ring owner about activating it...then help make it a healthy, active forum.

Replied - 10/14/2004
Sorry for the delay in answering, but, also being kinda new...maybe caterpillar phase, not just out of the egg phase LOL... I was hoping older, more knowing folks might answer. Oh well, maybe we're all new!

Anyway, to answer your question, (what do I do now that I'm in a few rings?), it really depends on what your goals are for your website. My website is only about a year old, however, thanks much to WebRing and another site, it is beginning to get a small following. I want many, many folks coming to my site though! I don't like to spend a whole lot of money to promote a site that doesn't sell anything, but is merely for entertainment. Because of that, I've done a lot of research on how to promote sites, and, except for getting our ring featured on WebrRing, all other ways of promoting cost no money. (Most cost time, which is often as valuable as money, but, so far, I've only paid WebRing a little money to promote my webring, Teddy Bear Dens.) If you're interested, feel free to e-mail me, and I'll give you some ideas. (Yes, others can e-mail too, if you want, but, be warn, sometimes it takes a while for me to write back!)

Lynn
atwhatcost@access4less.net

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy